2020/21 season was a great lead up to this seasons epic upcoming season
with plenty of drivers putting a foot forward to possible big things.
Some of our locals that stood out were…
- 717H Tyson Wootton
- 106H Des Curry
- 7H Shay Hambling
- 218H Aaron Alderton
- Superstock newcomer 422H Dylan Ashton
- And better results for 49H Tony Van Lieshout
- 86H Kris Allen.
Lap records were broken by 23R Kendyll Ashton in the Top Gear / Chev V8
rocket and 1NZ Asher Rees, Asher and his father Peter and younger
brother Ethan really showed the rest of the field just how quick they were at last seasons NZ Grand Prix, with Ethan winning from Asher.
Put that with the Gisborne Giants taking out the Superstock teams event
in November, these Rees machines really know their way around this
bullring at Huntly.
So that brings us to this season, what a season it’s going to be, a few
less cars registered than last season but I’m assuring you there will be plenty of out of towners keen for a skid before the big show on 6th, 7th & 8th January, the Pollock Cranes NZ Superstock Champs, here are a few drivers to watch out for…
- 717 Tyson Wootton in the screaming Nissan Quad Cam
- 86H Kris Allen, long time local and die-hard Waikato peddler
- 49H Tony Van Lieshout in the “no body” Top Gear
- 218H Aaron Alderton in the CSL Toyota
- 272M Seth McConchie with the high revving Toyota rocket
- 23R Kendyll Ashton…or younger brother Caleb…or will Dad Lance get
the drive?….watch this space.
- 1NZ Asher Rees, with a new car being built, how much faster will he be?
- 591 Wayne Hemi in his new QTR chassis still matched with the screaming
Cornett Ford engine
- 19M Kerry Remnant, long time peddler who is always at the pointy end of
- 38M Ross “Horse” Ashby in the awesome sounding self-built Tank.
- 66A Randall Tarrant in the ex Ethan Rees machine
- 58K Stefan Roigard in the Chev V6 tri-Rail
- and of course 10G Peter Rees, the master car builder
There will be lots more during the season who will appear here before
the big show, this will be the season of all seasons not to be missed!!